Fantastic, wide-ranging and free flowing lecture on the Algorithmic Condition by Mireille Hildebrandt. She covers issues such as
- Agency, Game Theory & Nudging
- Categorization & Golden Cages
- Outsourcing Cognition & Freedo
- Uncertainty & the Burden of Proof
- Cybernetics, Ambiguity & Objectivity
- Assumptions, Biases & Watchdogs
This lecture / interview was conducted as part of the Painted by Numbers project of the Word-Information Institute. The lecture is 55 minutes long, and worth every minute. It complements nicely Stefano Harney's lecture / interview on Algorithmic Institutions conducted for the same project.